By Bonny Blake
When you break up with somebody it might feel like your world is caving in on you. Most likely your first impulse is to strategize how to get your ex to return to you. Having said that, here are some tips to assist both of you to work things out.
1. Are you absolutely sure you want to reunite with your ex-boyfriend or girlfriend? Do you still love him or her, or do you just need someone to love? Is this the person you want to share the rest of your life with? Or does the idea of being alone frighten you? There are no correct answers here, only truthful ones. Assuming that you are serious about reconciliation with your ex, let’s move ahead.
2. Honesty is the best policy. Every successful union is created on a foundation of trust, and trust comes from being truthful. You need to be truthful with yourself, truthful with your mate, and truthful about your relationship. Being truthful can sometimes be tough. But anything less will put your relationship back on the road to failure.. Never forget to be gentle when being truthful. You don’t want to injure anyone’s feelings.
3. Demonstrate some respect. Most breakups occur because one or both partners fail to demonstrate respect for the other. . When you do not demonstrate respect it can come across as being thoughtless or nasty. Respect is a fundamental part of any relationship. Having said that, there is no reason to be brutally honest. That can appear as uncaring and cold. Make sure you are understanding of the other person’s feelings.
4. Be on the lookout for reassuring signals from your former mate. . People have a propensity to play games with one another, and that makes fixing your relationship more challenging than it needs to be. If you can, sit down with your ex and have a conversation about where each of you sees this relationship going. . Often times all you can do is notice what your ex is doing and try to read the signals. Getting frequent calls from your ex and bumping into them when you are out are all good signs.
5. Although this is cliche, it applies – you cannot change anyone but your self.. At the start of this piece you were asked if you really want to reconcile with your ex. If yes, then just what will be different this time? Keep in mind, you can’t make your ex change; only they can do that. You are able to forgive them for anything wrong they did, but you can’t force them to change. Nevertheless, you can change yourself, and you are able also change the way you perceive your lover in the event the two of you get back together.
So you are right to ask yourself if it’s possible to repair your relationship. . All it takes is sticking with a few simple strategies.